The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the province to nominate a limited number of quali- ¬ed applicants from the federal Express Entry system. Quali¬ed candidates will be selected directly from the Express Entry pool by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Candidates must receive a noti¬cation of interest before they are able to submit an application. The stream is aimed at candidates with strong ties to Alberta who help boost the economy and increase diversity. International graduates will also be invited.
In order to be eligible to receive a notifi¬cation of interest, candidates must:
• Have an active Express Entry profi¬le in the federal Express Entry pool.
• Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
• Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversifi¬cation.
• Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points. Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notifi¬cation of interest:
• A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
• Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
• Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling. Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notifi¬cation of interest