The BC PNP Skills Immigration stream is an economic immigration option intended for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by B.C. employers. It is designed for individuals who are committed to live and work in B.C. and become permanent residents of Canada.
• Have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
• Be qualified to perform the duties of the job
• Have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
• Show you can support yourself and your dependents
• Have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
• For NOC skill level B occupations, meet minimum language requirements
• Have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
Minimum Income Requirements
To be eligible for the BC PNP's Skills Immigration streams, except for the International Post-Graduate stream, you must meet minimum income requirements according to your:
• annual wage in B.C.
• location of residence in B.C.
• number of dependants The BC PNP has established minimum family income thresholds for the Greater Vancouver Regional District and the rest of B.C
To meet program criteria, if you are registering and/or applying with a job offer for an occupation classified under NOC Skill Levels B, C, or D, you must submit valid language test results showing you have obtained a minimum score equal to or greater than a benchmark 4 under the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in all four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.