Canadian Experience Class Program (CEC)
About the ProgramThe Canadian Experience Class is for those skilled workers who have CURRENT OR PAST Canadian work experience and want to apply as a permanent resident.
Minimum requirements
  • • language ability
  • • IELTS – General (English)
  • • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
  • • Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)
  • • Test de Connaissance du français (TCF)
  • • Should have at least 1 year of full time skilled work experience in Canada, in the last past 3 years before apply
  • • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours) You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • • The volunteer work or unpaid internships won’t get count in it.
  • • Should have gained these work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with a proper authorization to work
  • Any hours you work above 30 hours/week don’t count
  • You’re not eligible for the Canadian Experience Class if

  • • you’re a refugee claimant in Canada
  • • you’re working without authorization or don’t have documentary evidence.
  • • your work experience was gained without temporary resident status in Canada

There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class.

But this will help you to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool for immigration purposes, there are 2 ways you can do this.

  • • If you studied in Canada previously, you can get pointsyou’re your diploma or degree from a Canadian:
  • • secondary institution (high school) or
  • • post-secondary institution or
  • • If you have foreign education, you can get points for:
  • • a completed foreign credential, and
  • • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report required.
  • • secondary institution (high school) or
  • • post-secondary institution
Language ability

meet the minimum language level of:

  • • Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
  • • Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs
  • • take approved language tests for:
  • • writing
  • • reading
  • • listening
  • • speaking
  • language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.

    Request Free Assessment