The new Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) category is aimed at international students graduating from Saskatchewan institutions.
It is designed to help them stay in the province as entrepreneurs, while also attracting business investment. It compliments the existing Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream.
The stream works on a four-stage process, where candidates submit an Expression of Interest, receive an Invitation to Apply, establish their business while on a Post-Graduation Work Permit and are then nominated for permanent residence.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
1. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Candidates must submit an Expression of Interest to the SINP
2. Invitation to Apply
Candidates are scored based on their Expression of Interest, with the top scoring candidates issued Invitations to Apply.
Applicants that pass the SINP’s assessment stage sign a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) based on their submitted Business Establishment Plan (BEP).
3. Business Establishment
Approved candidates establish and actively operate their business while in Saskatchewan on a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Once a candidate satisfies the conditions of the Business Performance Agreement, they can apply to be nominated by the SINP for permanent residency.
Applicants that close or sell their business upon earning an SINP nomination and prior to obtaining permanent residence will have their nomination revoked.
Requirements To Submit an EOI
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Have completed a full-time Saskatchewan post-secondary degree or diploma of at least two years in length from a recognized and eligible Saskatchewan institution.
• Have a valid Post-Graduate Work Permit with no less than 24 months of eligibility remaining.
• Have lived in Saskatchewan during their academic program.
• Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7.
Requirements For Business Establishment
• Live in Saskatchewan.
• Actively own and operate an eligible business in Saskatchewan for at least one year prior to applying for nomination.
• Own at least one third of the equity of the business.
• Demonstrate that the business is generating the minimum required revenue amount after one year of operation, dependent on the number of employees.
• Sign a Business Performance Agreement with the Government of Saskatchewan, which will be provided to you by the SINP after your application is approved.