The New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream is designed for Foreign Nationals who possess the skills, education and work experience needed to contribute to New Brunswick’s economy. Candidates must meet the program’s minimum eligibility requirements, have a genuine offer of employment from a New Brunswick Employer and have the full intent to live and work in the province on a permanent basis.
1. Genuine Job Offer in an eligible occupation
2. Candidates must demonstrate they are qualified for the position being offered.
3. Be offered a competitive wage
4. Intend to reside and work in New Brunswick
Once the eligibility requirements are met, candidates scored are based on six selection factors. Candidates must score 60 points out of 100 to qualify.
1. Age - Candidates must be aged between 19 and 55. (Maximum points: 10)
2. Language Skills - Candidates must score a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 in reading, writing, speaking and listening for first social language (English or French). Candidates score extra points for a minimum CLB 4 in a second social language. (Maximum points: 28)
3. Education -Have minimum secondary school education, either obtained in Canada or with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report if obtained outside Canada. Maximum points: 20
4. Work Experience- Candidates score up to 20 points for full-time work experience related to the job offer obtained in the last five years. Candidates must have a minimum one year of experience in the last five. Work experience is not required for international graduates. Maximum points: 20
5. Priority Sectors- Candidates may be awarded 10 points if their job offer is in a priority sector, and the employer can demonstrate that they have been unable to identify qualified candidates in the local labour market. Maximum points: 10
6. Adaptability- Candidates and their spouses or common-law partner can score up to 12 points for adaptability factors. Maximum points: 12 Primary Candidate Adaptability factor Points Previous employment in New Brunswick for minimum 2 out of last 5 years 10 Employer has positive LMIA on which job offer is based, or job is LMIA-exempt, OR Employer interviewed and hired candidate through New Brunswick national or international recruitment mission in last 12 months