The New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream for Truck Drivers is aimed specifically at candidates under NOC 7511 for Transport Truck Drivers who have secured a permanent full-time job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
Truck Driver Eligibility Requirements
1. Intend to reside in New Brunswick
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate their intention to reside in New Brunswick by providing evidence that may include training as a truck driver in Atlantic Canada, driving logs showing time spent in the province, residency in the province, family ties etc.
2. Work Experience
Candidates must have 2 years of work experience in the last 5, including 6 months in New Brunswick on a Labour Market Impact Assessment-supported work permit, or a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
3. Job Offer
a) To be eligible, employers must:
• Have been in continuous, active operation in New Brunswick for at least 2 years under the same ownership.
• Have a physical presence in New Brunswick.
• Be in good standing with federal and provincial employment standards.
• Not be in violation of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (IRPA) or Immigration and
• Refugees Protection Regulations (IRPR).
• Be actively engaged in the NB business, and therefore directly connected to the employment of the candidate.
b) Job offer must be permanent, full-time and non-seasonal for at least 30 hours per week, or 1,560 hours per year.
c) Wage offered must be competitive with New Brunswick wage rates for the occupation.
d) Candidates must have a valid New Brunswick Class 1 Driving License.
4) Selection Factors
Selection factors for truck drivers are the same as those for the Skilled Worker Stream.